Recently Samsung rolled out the latest OTA update for Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070P users in Singapore. It is the android 4.1.2 DXAME1 and the official firmware is now available for installation via Samsung KIES. Few countries however are still receiving OTAs. If you missed out on the OTA or are in an extreme urgency to update please follow the step-by-step guide below to get the update.
Before you begin please understand that the following method is for the aforementioned cellphone only. Make sure you have the USB debugging mode enabled and if you want, please backup your data because after the update you might lose it. You would also need the correct USB drivers which you can download by clicking here. Make sure the phone is factory unlocked and the bootloader is unlocked as well. Please ensure you have at least 50% battery before you begin. Follow the guide ahead to get the update:
- Download the official firmware; Click Here
- Extract the downloaded file to obtain the .tar.md5 file
- Download ODIN v.3.07; Click Here
- Power the phone off and wait five seconds at least before turning it back on into download mode by pressing and holding the volume down, home and power buttons all together. Once you see the android robot, press the volume up button to enter into download mode
- Launch ODIN on your computer (make sure you run it as administrator) and connect the mobile phone using the USB cable with your computer
- Wait for the ID: COM box to turn yellow; this might take some time
- Choose the files you wanted flashed (files can be found in the extracted folder in step 1) and select PDA checkbox. Choose the file named .tar or .md5 whichever is available
- Choose Phone checkbox and click the file named MODEM. If no such file exists, please ignore
- Select the CSC checkbox and choose CSC; ignore if no such file exists
- Click the PIT checkbox and select the .pit file; ignore if no such file exists
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked in ODIN. If you did choose a .PIT file, please check Re-Partition as well.
- Re-check everything and hit Start. The process will take a while so be patient. After everything is done, the phone will reboot and take a while to start for the first time. Again, be patient.
- You are good to go and fully updated
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.