This CyanogenMod (CM) 10.1 RC2 ROM for the HTC One X is based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. If you want to, you can install the custom firmware by following the simple tutorial ahead. This is the unofficial version so you will need to ClockWorkMod installed on the device. You should also understand that the bootloader should be unlocked otherwise you will not be able to get this ROM. This is also a nightly build therefore you may experience a lot of FC errors and boot loops but as the development proceeds, things might get better. You should backup your data if you wish, and make sure you have at least 50% battery. You should also have the proper HTC One X drivers which can be downloaded by clicking here. Lastly ensure that USB debugging is enabled. If you are ready to proceed please follow the steps after the break.
- Download the CM10.1 RC2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM; Click Here
- Download the Google Apps; Click Here
- Copy all the downloaded files to the SD card on your phone by connecting it with the computer using the USB cable. Make sure you do not extract the downloaded files
- Disconnect the phone from your computer and turn it off
- Wait five seconds and turn it back on into Bootloader Mode by pressing the volume down and power buttons together.
- Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory on your PC and open command prompt
- Type in the following command without quotes “fastboot flash boot boot.img”.
- Type in the following command without quotes “fastboot reboot”
- Follow the instructions on the screen and select BOOTLOADER and then select RECOVERY
- Please wipe data or perform factory reset. Wipe dalvik cache and wipe cache partition while you are at it
- Go back to the main screen and select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’
- Locate the firmware file that you downloaded in step 1. Please ensure it is still zipped. Select it by pressing the power button and confirm installation
- Once the installation is complete, repeate the previous steps 11 and 12 to install Google Apps
- Reboot the phone when done. It will take some time so be patient.
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.