LG Optimus L9 is undergoing updates to the official Jelly Bean. The update package has been made available OTA. There are many improvements in the latest firmware as you must already be aware. If you can’t wait for the official update and want it immediately, you will need to install ClockWorkMod recovery on LG Optimus L9 so you can manually flash the desired firmware. You know as well as we do how OTA updates are delayed so this particular tutorial will guide you on how to install ClockWorkMod Recovery on LG Optimus L9. Before you begin, please ensure that you have the correct USB drivers and that the USB debugging mode is turned on with at least 50% battery to spare. Finally, please backup your data as you might lose it.
- Please download the ROM Toolkit, a file named rom_toolkit_1.2-ENG.exe); Click Here
- Please connect your device to the computer while it is still turned on
- You will need to install the ROM Toolkit by executing the file downloaded
- Once it is installed, please run the application
- You will notice a prompt-out window, once that happens please hit ‘3’ on your keyboard and it will start flashing the recovery onto your device
- Following the installation, CWM recovery should be installed on your cellphone
- If you want to check whether the recovery has been installed please turn off your phone
- Wait for a minimum of five seconds and turn it back on but make sure you press and hold the volume up, home and power buttons together until you see the recovery mode
- If that does not happen for you, please repeat the procedure
- Installing recovery on your device is essential to flashing custom ROMs and even returning from a Custom ROM to the stock ROM if the need arises
If you run into some issues, please feel free to comment in the comment section below and someone will get in touch with you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.