If you are using the Sony Xperia S and wondering how to use the Flashtool in order to install the Jelly Bean update, the tutorial below will help you with it. Please do not use the downloaded files for any other device as they are tailored to install jelly bean on Xperia S only. before you begin, you will need to ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed and that your device is rooted. Moreover, please backup your data as there are chances of you losing it. Please ensure that the USB debugging mode is on and that you at least have 50% battery. If you are ready, please follow the tutorial below.
- Download and install the Flashtool on your computer; Click Here
- Please download the firmware package named 6.2.B.0.200_Globalfor Xperia S (LT26i); Click Here
- Place the downloaded FTF file in the correct location. Please note where you installed the flashtool. The default directory should be C:\flashtool. You need to place the FTF file in C:\Flashtool\Firwares
- Open the flashtool on your computer. You should see a lightning bolt on the top left corner, click it and select Flashmode
- Select the firmware that you want downloaded in the left column. If you are not looking for a clean install please uncheck Data otherwise your data will be removed
- Once you are ready, click the Flash button and you should see that the flashtool will start preparing the installation
- At this stage, flashtool will ask for you to connect your handset to the computer (again, please ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed). Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your device to the computer
- The flashing should start upon successful connection of the computer with your device
- After the flashing is done, you should see a message that’ll say ‘flashing finished’. At this stage, please disconnect your handset from the computer and power it on
- Please note that powering up will take some time since it is the first boot after flashing
- Your Xperia S is not updated
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.