For those of you who are using this device, follow the tutorial below to root Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000. The tutorial employs the use of CF-Auto-Root file which was released by the famous XDA developers. That’s the file that allows the device to root. You will need the correct USB drivers before you begin. Moreover, please ensure that you have the USB debugging mode on and you have at least 50% battery. It is also imperative that you backup your data in case of any losses. To be able to root Galaxy Note 10.1 should be factory unlocked. The following method will only work for this device. If you are ready, please follow the step-by-step tutorial after the break.
- Download the file CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000.zip (CF-Auto-Root); Click Here
- Download and install Odin 3.07; Click Here
- Extract the file downloaded in step 1
- Switch your device off and restart into download mode after 7 seconds. To do so, please press volume down, home and power buttons together. The device should turn on. Please press the volume up button to enter the download mode
- Launch Odin on your computer and connect your device with the computer. ODIN should detect your device. At this stage one of the COM port number should turn yellow.
- Click the PDA button in ODIN and select the file named CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000.tar.md5
- Please ensure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are ticked
- Verify everything, and when you are ready, please click Start. The installation will now begin which should take a little while. Please be patient
- Once the flashing is complete, you phone will automatically restart. The boot will take some time, so please be patient. At this stage you will see a message that says PASS with a green background in the top left box of Odin. Please unplug the USB cable from the mobile at this stage
- Verify that everything is functioning properly and install an application that requires root to confirm that rooting was successful
- Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.