If you are running your Nexus 10 tablet on Android 4.2.2, this particular tutorial will guide you on how to root the device. If you are device was previously rooted and you updated your device, you will need to root your phone again because after the update, you would have lost the root privileges. This particular tutorial uses CF-Auto-Root which was released by XDA Developers a while ago and it will allow you to root Nexus 10 on Android 4.2.2. Before you begin you will need to ensure a few things. Firstly, please make sure that you have backed up your sensitive data because you will lose it. Secondly, make sure you have at least 50% battery left and that you have the correct USB drivers installed on your computer. Lastly, you will need to ensure that USB debugging is enabled on your cellphone. If you are ready to begin, please follow the step-by-step tutorial below.
- Please download Android SDK; Click Here
- Please download CF-Auto-Root for Nexus 10; Click Here
- Install the Android SDK downloaded in the first step; it will also include all the necessary drivers
- Extract the CF-Auto-Root
- Please restart your device in fastboot mode by pressing and holding volume up, volume down and power buttons together
- Once you enter the fastboot mode, please connect the device to the computer using the USB cable provided
- Once your device is connected, please navigate to the extracted files in step 4 and click on root-windows.bat; it is best you run the file as administrator
- You will now follow the on-screen instructions. The rooting might take a while and once it is done, your device will restart. Let that happen and it will boot up normally. Once the device boots up, please disconnect the USB cable from the computer. Please check if everything is functioning properly
- You have now achieved root and in order to check it, you can download any application that requires a root from the Google Play Store. The most popular choice here would be Titanium Backup. If the application is granted root privileges, you were successful, if not, then please repeat the procedure
- If you have any questions, please feel free to post in the comments.
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.