Nexus 4 is the fourth Google branded flagship manufactured by LG. If you are one of those users who are already on Android 4.2.2 you can root your device by following the tutorial ahead. You will need to back-up your data before you follow this guide and make sure USB debugging mode is enabled. You device should be factory unlocked which means that it should not be locked to any carrier. Ensure that there is at least 50% battery and you have the correct USB drivers for your cellphone. The following tutorial is to root Nexus 4 alone so please do not try this method on any other phone. If you are ready to begin, please follow the step-by-step guide after the break.
- You will need Android SDK; Click Here
- You will also need CF-Auto-Root, file name CF-Auto-Root-mako-occam-nexus4.zip; Click Here
- Install the Android SDK, this will install the necessary drivers for performing a successful root
- Please extract the file downloaded in step 2
- Switch off your device and turn it back on after 5-7 seconds in fastboot mode. You can do so by pressing volume up, volume down and power buttons together
- Please connect your device to the computer and wait until windows is done installing the drivers
- Navigate to the folder where you extracted the file in step 2. Please run the file named root-windows.bat
- Follow the on-screen instructions that will then appear. They are simple to follow and once you are done, the phone will automatically restart and boot normally. You can now unplug your device from the computer and you are good to go.
You have now successfully root Nexus 4 running on Android 4.2.2. In order to confirm the root, please install an application that requires root. The best one for that would be Titanium Backup which will turn out to be a useful software in the long-run especially if you are always playing with custom ROMS. If you run into some trouble, please comment and someone will get in touch with you soon.
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.