There are instances when you excitedly root your handset and when it comes to un-rooting it, you have absolutely no idea on how do that. This particular guide is about how to unroot Galaxy S3. This can come in handy if you want to return your device to stock settings. This can also come in handy if you brick your phone and want it fix because unrooting it will do just that. The process to go back to your stock ROM is hardly as difficult as rooting it, in fact, it is very simple. Before you begin though, you will need to make sure that you have at least 50% battery in your phone and obviously your phone must be rooted otherwise this tutorial is completely pointless. Please ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed in your computer and you have the USB cable with you. Please backup your data because unrooting it will erase it in some instances. If you are ready to begin, please follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Download the stock firmware for your device; Click Here
- Download and extract ODIN and install it; Click Here
- Make sure you place the files in an obvious directory in case you forget
- Please extract the file downloaded in the first step
- Launch ODIN and click the PDA button and select Stock Firmware (this will be in the extracted directory from the first step)
- Please check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time and make sure that Repartition is unchecked
- Turn your device off and restart it after five seconds in download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power buttons
- Connect your device with the PC using the given cable
- Click on start after ODIN detects your device
- Your device will reboot once the installation completes
In case you want to check if your device has unrooted, you will notice that any application that requires root will no longer function.
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.