It has become a need of a blogger to keep the fans of his blog updated via all the major social networks. The major ones being Twitter and Facebook. You can now easily update all of these using some free cool services.
Twitter can be updated easily via a service called TwitterFeed. You just need to create an account, authorize it to your twitter id, provide it with your feed URL and yum it’s already feeding your twitter. Another cool thing about Twitterfeed is that it gives you real-time stats about your feed items too.
Updating Facebook Profiles, Pages and Other 40 Networks:
All of this can be done by using Ping.fm and TwitterFeed together. Ping.fm allows you to update statuses of 40 services at the same time. You only need to authorize all those networks to your Ping.fm account once and then you can easily update multiple networks via Ping.fm’s text field. The drawback to this service is that it only updates your statuses through text and not through RSS feed. This is where TwitterFeed comes to play. TwitterFeed, apart from feeding to Twitter also feeds to Ping.fm which then updates your statues on all those networks.
How to Proceed:
- Create your Ping.fm account for free here.
- You will be shown list of networks. Add the ones you like. I am adding Facebook Fan Pages to continue with the tutorial.
- Before Ping.fm can post to your Facebook fan page, you need to add the Ping.fm application to your Facebook account. Allow the access to application and provide it with the Ping.fm key.
- Now you need to add the app to fan page too to link it with the ping.fm account. To do so click here. Select add to pages from the menu. Once you click on that a window will show you the pages you own. Select the ones you want to link to the ping.fm
- After that you will need to grant some permissions which can be done here.
- Both the accounts are perfectly linked but your status still might not update if you haven’t allowed the application to post stories to your wall. Edit application settings and make sure you have allowed “publish to streams” and “post stories to the wall”.
- You can test now if the status updates via ping.fm by trying to update it through ping.fm’s dashboard.
- If the status doesn’t update, please try troubleshoot the problem at ping.fm’s support.
- If the status updates manually, you are all ready to automate it via TwitterFeed.
- Create a TwitterFeed account or sign in.
- Create new feed.
- Select ping.fm in “Create feed to”.
- Provide your Ping.fm key.
- Provide it with the feed URL.
- Make sure to have same methods selected in both TwitterFeed and Ping.fm e.g both should be “Status updates” or both should be “Micro blogs” etc.
- Done. Have fun feeding all the social networks.
If you come across any problems, you can drop the comments here but I will highly recommend you to search about it their support.
To read about how to update Facebook Page through Twitter read this.