The new firmware to update Galaxy S2 i777 with UCMD8 was recently released. The update fixes various bugs and comes with a lot of enhancements and of course the Jelly Bean tag. If you haven’t already updated your phone, this particular tutorial will guide you on how to that step-by-step. Please do not use the downloaded files for any other device as they are tailored to install jelly Bean on this device only. before you begin, you will need to ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed and that your device is rooted. Moreover, please backup your data as there are chances of you losing it. Please ensure that the USB debugging mode is on and that you at least have 50% battery. If you are ready, please follow the tutorial below.
- Download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Firmware for the device; Click Here
- Please download Odin; Click Here
- Next, please install the downloaded file in Step 2
- You will need to shut down your device and restart it after 5-7 seconds into Download Mode. In order to do so, you will need to press the volume down, home and power button until the device turns on. Press the volume up button in order to enter the download mode
- Launch Odin on your computer and connect the Galaxy S3 to the computer using the USB cable while it is still in the Download Mode. Odin should detect the device and the corresponding COM port should turn yellow
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
- Please ensure that re-partition and in ODIN is not selected. Also ensure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset checkboxes are checked
- Once you have selected the aforementioned file and checked the options, pleas click the Start button. This should initiate the rooting process
- Please be patient while the rooting is over. Once the process is complete, your phone will automatically restart and once it boots up, you will have access to your new firmware.
- If you want to ensure if you are phone was updated, you can always go in to settings and hit about and that you should tell you the story.x
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.