Samsung has only recently released another official update which is meant to update Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for the built I9100XWLSW. This update has been rolled out to users in United Kingdom and Ireland. There are many reported bug fixes in this particular update and other enhancements compared to the previous built. The update is available OTA and also through Samsung KIES. If you have failed to upgrade your device to the latest firmware, you can follow this guide to get it manually. Before you begin you need to ensure that you have all the necessary drivers installed, your phone is on USB debugging mode and that Samsung Kies is disabled. Please backup your data as there is a chance you might lose it, ensure that USB debugging is on and finally, that you have at least 50% battery. Please follow the tutorial below at your own risk:
- Please download and extract Android 4.1.2. XWLSW Jelly Bean Firmware; Click Here
- Please download and install ODIN 3.07; Click Here
- Power off your phone and wait for at least 5 seconds and turn it on in download mode. To do so you will need to press and hold home, volume down and power buttons together
- Connect your phone to your computer via the USB cable that came with your device. You need to ensure that Odin is running before you plug in your phone
- If you successfully connect your phone, Odin should be able to recognize it thereby allowing you to click PDA
- Browse and select the file with suffix .tar or .md5; you will get this after extract the downloaded file in step 1
- Click the phone checkbox and choose the file with modem in the name (ignore the step if there is no such file)
- Click on CSC checkbox and select the file with csc in the name (ignore the step if there is no such file)
- Choose PIT checkbox and select the .pit file; you should have obtained the file in step 1
- You should check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin
- Once you have selected the aforementioned file and checked the options, pleas click the Start button. This should initiate the rooting process
- Please be patient while the rooting is over. Once the process is complete, your phone will automatically restart and once it boots up, you will have access to your new firmware.
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.