Samsung recently started rolling out another firmware to update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The update is already available in Southeast Asian countries and brings loads of bug fixes and feature enhancements. The update is available to download Over-The-Air and Samsung Kies. If you missed the OTA of course, you can always use Samsung KIES to download the update. If you are not sure exactly how do to that, following this step-by-step guide will help you do that easily. Before you begin, please ensure that you have the correct USB drivers and the the USB debugging mode is on. Moreover, please ensure at least 50% battery is available and that you backup your data in case you lose it while the update is in progress. If you are ready, please follow the guide after the break.
- Please download the Android 4.1.2 XXCME2 Jelly Bean Firmware; Click Here
- Please download ODIN 3.07; Click Here
- Extract the firmware file you downloaded in Step 1. You should be able to achieve a .tar.md5 file which will be used for flashing
- You will then extract the file you downloaded in Step 2 and install it on your computer
- You will need to shut down your device and restart it after 5-7 seconds into Download Mode. In order to do so, you will need to press the volume down, home and power button until the device turns on. Press the volume up button in order to enter the download mode
- Launch Odin on your computer and connect the Galaxy S3 to the computer using the USB cable while it is still in the Download Mode. Odin should detect the device and the corresponding COM port should turn yellow.
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
- Click the phone checkbox and choose the file with modem in the name (ignore the step if there is no such file)
- Click on CSC checkbox and select the file with csc in the name (ignore the step if there is no such file)
- Choose PIT checkbox and select the .pit file; you should have obtained the file in step 1
- Please ensure that re-partition and in ODIN is not selected. Also ensure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset checkboxes are checked
- Once you have selected the aforementioned file and checked the options, pleas click the Start button. This should initiate the rooting process
- Please be patient while the rooting is over. Once the process is complete, your phone will automatically restart and once it boots up, you will have access to your new firmware.
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.