This tutorial will guide you on how to install CM10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. This process is quite similar to installing other custom ROMs however the only difference will be the files you use (obviously). In case you are a beginner, you have nothing to worry about because this is a comprehensive tutorial taking you through every single step involved. Before you being you need to ensure a battery life of at least 50%. You need the correct USB drivers installed in your computer and also ensure that USB Debugging Mode is enabled. Lastly, if you so wish, please backup your data because you will lose everything. If you are ready to proceed, please follow the guide after the break.
- Download AOKP Nightly Android 4.2.2 ROM; Click Here
- Download Google Apps; Click Here
- Connect the cellphone to the computer using the USB cable provided and copy the files you downloaded in Step 1 and 2 to your SDS Card. Make sure the files are not in any folder and are in root. Also ensure that the files are zipped
- Turn off your cellphone and disconnect from the computer
- Wait five seconds and switch on in recovery mode. For doing so, please press and hold the volume up, home and power buttons together
- You will now enter recovery mode. Please proceed to perform a full data wipe or factory reset if you may. You will select any option by pressing the power button
- Perform a cache wipe; select ‘wipe cache partition’
- You might also want to wipe you dalvik cache by selecting ‘wipe dalvik cache’
- Enter main screen of the recovery and select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and use volume keys to navigate. You need to find the file you downloaded in the first step and select it for installation.
- Once that is done, repeat step 9 for Google Apps as well
- After all is done, please head back to the main screen and reboot your phone. Remember that it will take a little longer so don’t worry and just be patient. Once the phone starts up, you should be rooted. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.