While most of you must not have heard of this device, it certainly does exist and it is not one of the most popular devices anyway. But that does not mean that the updates for this device will not be rolling out. Samsung just released an OTA update for Galaxy Grand to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMCD. The update has been rolled out in India and if you haven’t received yours, please follow the guide below to install it manually. Please note that this firmware can only be installed on the model number I9082. Before you begin you will need to ensure a few things. Firstly, please make sure that you have backed up your sensitive data because you will lose it. Secondly, make sure you have at least 50% battery left and that you have the correct USB drivers installed on your computer. Lastly, you will need to ensure that USB debugging is enabled on your cellphone. If you are ready to begin, please follow the step-by-step tutorial below.
- Please download the update file and unzip the contents of the file on your desktop; Click Here
- Download Odin and install it on your computer; Click Here
- Next, please turn off the phone. Wait for at least 6-7 seconds and turn it back on in Download Mode. To do that you will need to press and hold volume down, home and power buttons together until you enter the download mode
- Open ODIN on your computer, make sure you have the correct USB drivers for your cellphone and connect your phone with the computer
- If you did everything successfully you will see one of the ID:COM boxes turn yellow
- Select the files that need to be flashed on your phone; these will be the files you extracted in Step 1
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected on the ODIN
- If everything is done successfully please click the START button
- This will begin installation and your phone should reboot once the installation is over
Once the reboot is over, the ID:COM box should turn green
- Congratulations, you are done with the flashing. The first reboot might take a few minutes so please be patient. Once powered on, please ensure that everything is working perfectly
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.