Recently, the official Jelly Bean update was released for the Sony Xperia S updating the firware to 4.1.2. If you are using the device and have not yet received the update, you can manually install Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on Xperia S by following the guide below. The firmware will be upgraded to 6.2.A.0.200 Jelly Bean 4.1.2. You can do so quite easily using the Sony PC Companion Software. The update will bring to you a new walkman media app, Albums and movies with a lot more customizable widgets and apps. Moreover, Google Now and Project Butter has been implemented as well. Before you begin, you will need to ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed and that your device is rooted. Moreover, please backup your data as there are chances of you losing it. Please ensure that the USB debugging mode is on and that you at least have 50% battery. If you are ready, please follow the tutorial below.
- Please Download the Sony PC Companion application and install it; Click Here
- Connect your phone with the computer and wait for detection
- You can backup the files to your computer using the PC Companion software if you wish
- All you need to do is check for an update using the software and the PC Companion will guide you through the rest
- The update file (if available) will first be downloaded after which you will be asked for confirmation on update
- You will need to confirm in order for the download updated to be applied to your phone
- While the upgrade is in progress, please do not unplug your device from the computer
- When the update is complete, the PC Companion will notify you with the confirmation after which you can unplug your device
- You must restart your device if it already didn’t restart itself. Note that the first boot after any fresh installation takes time, so please don’t worry and be patient
- Check if everything is in order
- Congratulations, you phone has been updated and you can now start playing with the new features in the OS update
- Please note that if you don’t want to update through the PC Companion, you can wait till an OTA comes out, or wait for the manual install if none of the neither of those methods are available in your region
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.