For all the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889) users who have updated their devices to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, this tutorial will guide you on how to root Galaxy Note 2. The tutorial uses CF-Auto-Root file which helps the Galaxy Note 2 in rooting. Before you begin though, you will need to have the correct USB drivers installed on your computer and ensure that the USB debugging mode is turned on. You also must ensure that you have at least 50% percent battery, and that is a general case with rooting anything, even the smallest of files. Lastly, you might want to back up your data in case of any losses. If you are ready to begin, please follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Download CF-Auto-Root (CF-Auto-Root-t0ltetmo-t0ltetmo-sght990.zip) and extract it; Click Here
- Download and Install ODIN 3.07; Click Here
- Switch your device off and restart into download mode after 7 seconds. To do so, please press volume down, home and power buttons together. The device should turn on. Please press the volume up button to enter the download mode
- Launch Odin on your computer and connect your device with the computer. ODIN should detect your device. At this stage one of the COM port number should turn yellow
- Click the PDA button in ODIN and select the file named CF-Auto-Root-t0ltetmo-t0ltetmo-sght990.tar.md5
- Please ensure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are ticked
- Verify everything, and when you are ready, please click Start. The installation will now begin which should take a little while. Please be patient
- Once the flashing is complete, you phone will automatically restart. The boot will take some time, so please be patient. At this stage you will see a message that says PASS with a green background in the top left box of Odin. Please unplug the USB cable from the mobile at this stage
- Verify that everything is functioning properly and install an application that requires root to confirm that rooting was successful
- Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.