Samsung has been slow in rolling out updates but the wait is over as the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 gets the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. You can update your device using Samsung Kies or if you are lucky you will get the over-the-air update. If you have already updated your device, you can follow the tutorial below to root galaxy S3 T-Mobile. Before you begin though, you need to ensure that you have at least 50% battery left and that you have the correct USB drivers. Moreover, please know that this tutorial will be applicable to Samsung Galaxy S3 alone. Finally, please be certain that you have the USB debugging mode on and that you backup all the sensitive data that may be on your phone since this process will remove all your data. If you are ready, please follow the tutorial below.
- Download CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy S3 and extract the file; Click Here
- Please download Odin 3.07 and install it in your computer; Click Here
- You will need to shut down your computer and restart it after 5-7 seconds into Download Mode. In order to do so, you will need to press the volume down, home and power button until the device turns on. Press the volume up button in order to enter the download mode
- Launch Odin on your computer and connect the Galaxy S3 to the computer using the USB cable while it is still in the Download Mode. Odin should detect the device and the corresponding COM port should turn yellow.
- Click the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-d2tmo-d2tmo-sght999.tar.md5 file
- Please ensure that re-partition and in ODIN is not selected. Also ensure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset checkboxes are checked
- Once you are sure that you have followed the above steps as they are, please click the Start button in ODIN. The installation should now begin and will take some time
- Once the flashing is complete, your phone will restart and you will see a PASS message with green background. This is a sign that your flash was successful. Please know that the restart will take some time as it is a new install. Once the phone reboots, please install an application that requires root in order to check if the process was successful. If not, please repeat that process.
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.