The following tutorial will help you root Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 LTE using the CF Root Method which works well with the aforementioned cellphone and is perhaps the safest method available. It supports the latest Android firmwares and should proceed without a hitch whatsoever. Before you begin you need to ensure a few things. Firstly, please ensure that the USB debugging mode is enabled and you have at least 50% battery. Secondly, you must ensure correct USB drivers. Thirdly, if you want, please make a backup of any sensitive data that exists on your phone. If you are ready to begin please follow the steps below:
- You will need to download CF-Auto-Root Package for the Samsung Galaxy S4 and extract the downloaded zip; Click Here
- Download ODIN v1.85 and install it; Click Here
- You will need to switch off your phone and restart it after five to ten seconds in Download Mode. To do this please press and hold the volume down, home and power button until you see the Android robot. Press the power button to confirm entry and you are good to go
- We are going to assume that you have the correct USB drivers installed on your phone
- Open ODIN on your computer and connect your phone
- Once your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes should turn yellow with the COM port number; this can take some time
- You will now need to select the file you need to flash onto your phone and this will be the one extracted in step 1. Click on PDA and select the file ‘CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip’
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked in ODIN
- Click the start button in ODIN and the installation should begin. This should take a while
- If the installation is successful your phone should reboot into Recovery Mode automatically and install the root files. The ID:COM box will turn green at this stage
- Once your phone is booted, you can disconnect the phone and voila!
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.