One of the greatest points of owning an Android handset is running custom ROMs. But there are a few who prefer official ROMs over anything else because of performance and many other issues apparently. If you are one of those then you might want to update to the Official Jelly Bean XXLPZ on Galaxy S Advance I9070 which is available Over-the-Air. If you haven’t received the update, you can follow this tutorial in order to update your phone no matter what region you are in. Remember that this tutorial will only work for Galaxy S Advance. Before you begin though, you need to ensure that you have at least 50% battery left and that you have the correct USB drivers. Finally, please be certain that you have the USB debugging mode on and that you backup all the sensitive data that may be on your phone since this process will remove all your data. If you are ready, please follow the tutorial below.
- Download the Firmware update file and unzip the package; Click Here
- Download Odin v3.07; Click Here
- You will need to shut down your device and restart it after 5-7 seconds into Download Mode. In order to do so, you will need to press the volume down, home and power button until the device turns on. Press the volume up button in order to enter the download mode
- Launch Odin on your computer and connect the Galaxy S Advance to the computer using the USB cable while it is still in the Download Mode. Odin should detect the device and the corresponding COM port should turn yellow
- Click the PDA button and select the firmware file you extracted
- Please ensure that re-partition and in ODIN is not selected. Also ensure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset checkboxes are checked
- Once you are sure that you have followed the above steps as they are, please click the Start button in ODIN. The installation should now begin and will take some time
- Once the flashing is complete, your phone will restart and you will see a PASS message with green background. This is a sign that your flash was successful. Please know that the restart will take some time as it is a new install. Once the phone reboots, please install an application that requires root in order to check if the process was successful. If not, please repeat that process
Disclaimer: the tools, mods and or ROMs mentioned through the course of this website belong to their owners and Rewritetech does not own anything. We are responsible for providing detailed tutorials and guides alone. In case of any damage caused to your cellphone or any device that you might be using, Rewritetech will not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.